New Zealand Doctor
New Zealand Doctor saw their next website as a vehicle for the future of media; a place where online publication became a breeze for reporters and subs, and where editors could effectively distribute content to multiple websites and email campaigns, or export for use in print.
Delivery of content and integration were key. To make this happen, the new website had to work as both a great news site and, behind the scenes, integrate seamlessly between the various subsystems:
- Salesforce CRM (customer relationship management software)
- Litmos LMS (learning management system software)
- Double Click (Google's digital advertising solution)
- Flexible Sampling (Google's new paywall solution replacing First Click Free)
- Mail Chimp (email marketing platform)
- PharmacyToday.co.nz (cross site article cloning)
Building the website on the Drupal CMS allowed us to really control the flow of information and streamline The Health Media's complex subscription, learning and advertising processes.
Key development points
- Distribute content to multiple websites and email campaigns, or export for use in print.
- Develop processes for deploying new features to single or multiple sites at the same time.
- Sync Salesforce subscriber information with the website and various sub-systems.
- Enable Single Sign On between subscribers and Litmos LMS.
- Create a commerce solution for selling subscriptions and classifieds.
- Integrate Google Flexible Sampling as a paywall for non-subscribers.
- Integrate Google Double Click as a vehicle for selling advertising space.
- Update subscriber lists within Mail Chimp.
New Zealand Doctor is a medical news publication providing up-to-date news every day online and every fortnight as a printed newspaper delivered to its paying subscribers.
For over 25 years, the New Zealand Doctor team of experienced health journalists and commentators has provided high-quality, in-depth coverage of news and events affecting general practice and primary care, and the wider health sector.
A daily email newsletter - Doctor@Large - alerts subscribers to the day's news which can be read on desktop, tablet or mobile.
With its world-class learning platform - ELearning - New Zealand Doctor subscribers can access the publication's clinical material - Practice and How to Treat articles - to earn continuing professional development points.
The publication's achievements have been recognised with numerous national and international awards, including the Canon Media Awards, Trade and Business Publications International Awards, ANZCA Media Award and Qantas Media Awards.